1988 Ranger 2.9L 4WD

20

Asked by Nov 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM

ALRIGHT I purchased my Ranger months ago, replaced fuel pumps. After this it ran just fine for a few days, then it stopped running again! After a few months of more parts I replaced the ICM and then my Ranger ran fine again for about a week, then again it wouldn't start one random day. Ive since replace, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and the ignition coil. It cranks but will never fire. I am at a loss, its something simple I'm sure, but ive exhausted the little knowledge I have. It is getting enough fuel pressure, so it has to be spark right? HELP PLEASE!

80

Yes and no. Air can cause this also. Remember. You need Air, fuel, and spark. If either is missing from the equation there is no crank up.