I have a pontiac g6 when I take it to be diagnosed by a mechanic when they hook up the diagnostic machine the security system won't give em access to the cars computer so they can get a repair code

20

Asked by Nov 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM

My car is a 2007 4 cylinder

56,705

Best thing to do here is take it to your local GM dealer. Let them find the security system issue. A Chevrolet Dealer will be able to handle this. HTH. -Jim

20

Thanks I went to gm there the ones who told me about the problem. They told me that because there's a law they can't disable the system.

20

For whatever reason there's a law that prohibits them from touching it they told me all they could is test it the old fashioned way. Way to expensive.

56,705

That's true, if you cannot provide proof of ownership they can't. Proof of ownership is your driver's license or other Government issued ID and the vehicle registration. Both documents must have your name and address on them. This is especially true when the vehicle's security system is involved. With certain systems it's illegal for anyone to disable them. The airbag system, for example, is one of those systems. I still maintain GM is the best way to handle this. Gas station type garages or a do it yourselfer won't be able to fix it. HTH. - Jim