1997 Pontiac grand am Gt 2dr 2.4Lt

Asked by Oct 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM

I'm having coolant issues. I don't know if it's
the temperature gauge or the oil pan on the
bottom. I put a full bottle in when it's empty
and it runs through it in about 3 weeks
sometimes faster. Please help and thank
you so much !

Tom Harmon

It may be Leaking from the thermostat and you can't see it because that engines thermostat is under the car back of the engine ... you have to look up between rods to see it. I had a quad four burn up because the owner kept filling because he could never find the leak

Best Answer

Me again, thank for advice. But what you're saying is if I don't fix it asap my car will die completely?..

Tom Harmon

No ... not if you continue to put coolant in it ,,,

Tom Harmon

But once that weather gets icy ,, it will become a real PITA. The thermostats not that hard to get to and you don't have to change it ,,,, just the gasket