1988 F250 inline 6cylinder winding sound on take off and then seems to catch gear. Any ideas of what would cause this???

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 05:21 PM

Only does it on take off from complete
stop. My transmission seems to shift
smoothly though.

19,550

Check transmission fluid level and when was the last time you changed the transmission fluid and filter ?

Best Answer Mark helpful

I bought the truck a few months ago. Transmission fluid looks pink and doesn't smell burnt. But I have not changed filter or added new fluid. Also after it winds and catches, it makes a slight grinding sound. I was told it's my torque converter but I fear it's the transmission.

19,550

Google the web site ( lucasoil.com/ products) and check out the transmission products mainly check out the product called transmission fix read what it does and check out the testimonials about it then go from there. The only reason I am recommending this product is because I have used some of their other products with great results but in the end it is up to you whether or not you would try it.

Okay,Will do. Thank you for the help.

19,550

You are welcome