Not sure how to say this, but I step on the gas and the car starts going, then it seems to just cut off all power for a while, and then it comes back for a little bit. Not sure what is going on. Any ideas of what to do?

Asked by Sep 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM about the 1987 Porsche 924 S

I went to drive my car and it started up fine. Started driving to the corner, turned and
started going up the block when it just stopped. I had my foot on the gas, but nothing.
Then, it just started going again. I reversed back to where I started from w/ no problems.
Then I tried to drive it forward again and it stopped even sooner than the previous time. So
I reversed it back to the parking spot w/ no problems.

Are you low on gas? If the fuel pickup tube is in the front part of the tank, forward, fuel goes toward back of tank. Reverse...opposite, WILD guess