I have a 2008 Saturn Vue XE, yesterday I want to leave work and it would not crank. Everything had power inside(lights, radio, AC, etc.) but it would not turn over

10

Asked by Sep 03, 2015 at 12:40 PM

. A friend gave me a jump start but still
nothing. The battery isn't even a month old
and it runs great. I left my car overnight and
came back in the morning and my car will
now crank. Any idea what this could be?

16,850

Try removing battery terminals and clean then try jumping again if vehicle does not start right away leave cables on for about a minute before trying to start this will help charge your battery and leave vehicle that is jumping your vehicle idling.

83,815

Take a look at the crank sensor...

1,255

could be neutral safety switch if it is an automatic put the car in neutral with foot on break and see if it cranks

10

It cranks now. I did nothing but let it sit over night. Could it be the starter?

1,255

maybe but if it does it next time try just moving the shiftier a little or moving it to the neutral position see if it cranks

10

Okay, I will. Thanks!

10

Okay, just left to try and crank my car again, same thing as yesterday nothing. I moved it to neutral and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

16,850

Do not think its the starter but a loose connection going to starter.

1,255

maybe a starter if you have some one that knows about cars that can help have them hit the side of the starter with a hammer as you turn the key if it turns over then starter for sure

10

Ok thanks

1,255

did you find your problem on your car