Best RELIABLE Used Car for apx. $3,000. ?

30

Asked by May 07, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Which cars are very reliable and most likely to not be needing expensive repairs ?

(Some cars have lots of problems, and also are very hard to repair / difficult to get to things etc and have high labor prices)

Please give some suggestions for reliable cars, and easy / less expensive to repair )

(I realize it's always a guess, but mechanics know some to avoid, and some which  might be a good car to take a chance on.)

45

I would suggest a Mazda 3 or Toyota Corolla. They are very reliable and the previous owners are most likely to not abuse the car too much. If you are looking for a car under $3k, then you'll most likely be a 3rd or 4th owner of the car. You cannot guarantee all maintenance has been kept up with, so you need a bullet-proof car. I wouldn't go with a SUV because of the weight-strain on the engine & transmission. Check online for reliability ratings of small cars and one will jump out at you. That's the one to get.