I have a 96 Chevy 1500 pick up with a 4.3 I replaced the fuel pump because I wasn't hearing it run and it wouldn't start unless I hit the tank with a rubber mallet . no luck, any suggestions

Asked by Mar 20, 2015 at 11:41 AM

The pump relay and fuse are good still

Check the relay if it clicks its good,if u hear the fuel pump then check for pressusre with a pressure gauge on the fuel line near the engine,and also replace the fuel filter ,they sometimes make the fuel pump go bad

I have already replaced the relay and still the pump won't cut on. Also should the pump run if I just ground it and plug it in without installing it?