I have a 2003 GMC Sierra and the service airbag light came on. Can someone tell me why it would?

Asked by Mar 15, 2015 at 02:18 PM

Every time you start the car the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) runs a self-diagnostic to make sure it's in working order. If a fault is detected, it lights that warning that something is not right. Your air-bags may not deploy in an accident.

Best Answer Mark helpful

I just went back out to see if the light would come back on and now my truck isn't doing anything. I can't see the mileage or anything. Could it be the battery?

Maybe. The battery or corrosion on the terminals, or loose terminals. Among other things but likely one of those