Are there any new trucks or suv's that can be chained on all four tires?

Asked by Feb 22, 2015 at 02:19 AM

I am looking at buying a newer to new truck or suv and want the ability to chain up all four
tires because I live in the mountains and also go hunting.

104,135

Almost all American trucks will accept chaining all 4 wheels, on the SUV's most will require a slight lift in the front to provide enough clearance for chains, research is always a good idea and check with the dealer they have a lot of information on what the rig can and can't do stock. HTH

104,135

I use to live in the part of the country where we chained up the fronts first and of that didn't do it then the rears, a lot of times the snow would come right over the front and we had to stop and push it off so we could see where we were going.

I have been researching online and looking at the owners manuals, they have all said to not chain the front end up.

104,135

It is more of a common sense thing as most people would chain it up and try driving faster than 25 MPH. It is true that if you flip a chain off the front you can really mess stuff up so keeping them tight is a no brainier. during the last big snow we had here I chained up the front of my Jeep GC and did better climbing the hill where I live than the ones that chained up the rears and they said not to use chains on the front. So it can be done but of course you need to check clearances in all directions and be wise on the type of chains you use, I would keep away from the link type chains.

Thank you for you input.