HI I have received a response from a potential buyer of my 2001 Nissan PathfinderHow do we complete the transaction if we are located in different cities and states?Can you provide guidance or support for the procedure for title transfer or transfer of the car to the buyer

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 07:01 PM

Question type: General

I need advice on how to complete the transaction with the buyer if we live in different
cities and states. There is a title transfer and also to receive payment and transfer of
the car


1 Answer


The buyer should come to you, and you should complete the sale and title notarization & bill of sale the same whether the buyer is from in state or out of state. It's up to the buyer to then obtain temporary tags from your state's registrar (all they need is the title signed over to them) and once they have the vehicle back home, they can transfer the title and get their plates. Most states may require a VIN inspection when registering out of state titles, but again that is on the buyer.

1 people found this helpful.
Best Answer Mark helpful

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.