If battery is good after load test, what should i check next? Thanks guys.

Asked by Dec 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

2000 Cadillac Escalade won't jump start. I think battery is original. Ha! When I turn
key to start, it wants to turn over but doesn't, if that makes any sense. Kinda sounds
like when your out of gas. I do have gas though and fluids are good. Have battery on
charger now and going to have it load tested. I think the alternator is good but maybe
starter? I ran out of gas a week ago. I sure hope i did'nt damage the fuel pump! Any
advice is much appreciated! thank you guys...and gals!

Battery sounds like a good place to start. You can charge a battery up to 12 volts, but if it no longer has the cranking amps, it's not going to spin the engine enough. The load test is an excellent idea, it will save guesswork on the battery