My 2005expo ran out of gas now it want start

Asked by Dec 03, 2014 at 02:56 PM

It turns over just want catch

4,805

I have no idea what an "expo" is, but a lot of cars have "Inertia" switches in case the car is in an accident, it shuts the fuel pump down. If your car ran well before you ran out of gas, maybe your car tripped the switch? The switch is usually in the trunk on one side or another. On an SUV I have no clue but it's probably in the back somewhere.

142,885

Either that or if you can get to fuel rail, there is a schrader valve looks just like a tire valve. If you got air in fuel line to injectors you can bleed it there, turn key on and run fuel pump, push stem and if air comes out, may have it licked. Or, you may have burnt up pump running it dry. The gas cools it.