What's best priced new car

Asked by Nov 18, 2014 at 09:34 PM

17,460

None of them. Buy one a year or two old off a fleet or lease return. You can save $10,000-$20,000 off the window sticker and have a car with only 9- 15,000 miles on it.

23,085

Or buy a brand new left over model, they can be deeply discounted if the new model year has been released and year before is still on the lot. If your asking about car brand as in the cheapest new car, Kia has a few good cheap entery level cars.

17,460

Left over models are only discounted about $5000-$8000. It's still quite a bit but not as much as a year old, which the leftover is now, a FULL model year old. Once you buy it as a leftover and drive it off the lot its now worth what you can buy a fleet/lease return for. It's like throwing $5000 or so into the air.

23,085

I know that TransAm77 but she asked about " NEW CAR " pricing, however I do agree with you about purchasing a used 15k mile car to save the most $$$. I do think $5k to $8k off the price of a left over still brand new car with a full warranty isnt too shabby!

17,460

What's up Michael? How you doing tonight? I know what she said but personally I would never buy a new car. All new vehicles are overpriced. No $5k to $8k is nothing to sneeze at but as soon as you drive off with the left over it is now a used car. It's worth what a used car dealer will have it on his lot for another $5k to $8k less than what you just paid for it before you drove it off the showroom floor. Great example the new bodystyle 2014 impala LTZ loaded with all the bells and whistles stickers for about $42,000. Year end clearance is right around $36,500. You can buy an off lease new bodystyle 2014 Impala LTZ loaded with all the bells and whistles with 10-12,000 for under $30,000. Let the first owner eat the depreciation. That's just my 2 cents worth.

217,705

Used, one owner, clean carfax is your best bet.