Best car for new drivers?

Asked by Oct 22, 2013 at 09:26 PM

Hi. I'm a new driver and I just got my
license this year. My parents and I
agree it's not time for me to have a
car but I should do research in the
meantime. I really like Mustangs and
the 2008 version of the Acura TL;
which is a safer and would be a
better car for a new, teenage driver?
If neither, can you reccommend a
certain model and year?

26,145

ANY sportscar (like a Mustang, Camaro, etc) is a no-go for a first time driver, IMO. You REALLY need to hone your skills as a driver before you step into one of these types of cars. Acura TL is a great car...not sure how I feel about it for a first car, because of the V6's power, which could get you into trouble. I'd suggest starting smaller and working you way up....Maybe a Honda Civic or Nissan Sentra??

85

As far as safety goes most newer cars are very safe. The Volvo is still one of the Safest. It will be inexpensive on isurance easy to drive and it's not a sports car. It's probably not what you want I hear but it's a great first car.

Thoughts on the Toyota avalon as a first?