Ford Focus says tire pressure low, but all the tires are inflated properly

Asked by Nov 11, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I just bought a used 2013 Focus SE with 35+K miles.  On my first commute to work with it the warning light came on that the tire pressure was low.  It doesn't say which tire.  I put a bit of air in each tire but the warning light is still on.

9,935

Use a tire pressure gauge to make sure the pressures are up to spec. Check the inside of your door jam for a sticker that will post the correct air pressure for your vehicle. Wait a few start cycles to see if the light goes out. If it does not and you are certain that the pressures are okay, you may have a bad sensor..

Thank you so much. I would hate to take a car that I have only had 3 days into the dealership.