How many miles do you have left when the gas light comes on in a 2012 Chevy malibu

Shawn Griffin

Asked by Nov 02, 2014 at 04:52 AM

140,355 Chapter 5 Page 26 says "A little fuel left" but does not specify how many gallons, or not even mileage 'range'. You might want to read this thread from here, but they are talking about much older cars and argue between 5 and 60 miles, but still nobody says anything about gallons...

32.6 No AC

Hi ya Mark. Great call, I couldn't find it

But you really don't want to run the tank below the "add fuel light" on a consistent basis.

There is another name for that light. (I.... Light) And if you wait till you see it come on you just might fall into that category. Try to never run it below 1/4 of a tank left. Damage may occur to fuel pump if you do run out and there's always the issue of having to walk or push it to gas station.