What new or somewhat used car with standard shift, has manual everything... Windows, seat adjustments and door locks?

Asked by Sep 30, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I have a friend who is trying very hard to hold back progress! He does not have a
computer or a cell phone.  He likes older cars because he's been able to work on them
without having to worry about their computers and such. Unfortunately, the car that he has
now, an older Hyundai, is at the end of its life and he needs to replace it. He would like to
get a new or somewhat used car that has a standard shift, and manual everything...
windows, locks, seat adjustments, etc., etc.!!! Can you suggest a car that would come as
close as possible to meeting his requirements??  I was thinking of a Subaru Legacy
Brighton, however, even the later models of that car had automatic windows.  HELP!!  Any
suggestions??

32,365

What country are you in? It's hard to get a stripped down vehicle in the US. A little bit easier in Asia and some parts of Europe. Also different models in different country's.

32,365

I've looked around and they all seem to have power window's at minimum. The Ford Festive Ambient has the least amount of power equipment.

We are in the US BoholMark. I'm going to check into the Ford Festive Ambient to see what their options are. Thank you for the suggestions!

32,365

To bad your friend can't import one of the Suzuki Multicab vehicles from here. 3 cyl. 660-1500cc turbo gas engines (the turbo is an option) 5 speed standard transmissions. Regular windows. Regular steering. And a multitude of body opinions. Straight van. Crew cab. Pick up. 2 wheel drive. 4x4. You name it. Oh and you can get it all dressed up. Dual A.C. DVD. Automatic. Power windows, steering, brakes even a sun roof.

Best Answer

BoholMark, where are you located?? Where can the Suzuki Multicab be ordered from?? This sounds good!! Thanks for your suggestions!!

32,365

I'm in the Philippines. I live in the province of Bohol but they are built in Cebu. They are imported from Japan, used, converted to left drive and then built to specification. Google "multicab" then you can see the different configurations. However, I doubt that you can get one into the USA. Emissions and safety reasons.

Thanks so much Mark!! Will look into it! Kind Regards again!