I changed my radiator and thermostat on my 2000 town and country, and it still overheated.

Asked by Sep 17, 2014 at 09:36 AM

It's not leaking through the head gasket and
is not mixing with the motor oil.

235

What was the reason for you to replace those parts? The radiator was leaking?was he blocked? The thermostat i understand you should replace when you replace the radiator. Allot times the head gasket might be damaged and the oil its not mixing with the water. Your water pump might be damaged,meaning the propels inside the pump are gone(corrosion,broken) if the water doesnt circulate on your engine will cause overheating First you will need to test the water system pressure test your system make sure you dont have any leaks. Second make sure all the air its gone from the system,look for any water bleeder if thats the case? Start the car wait to see if the the thermostat opens,you will see the water moving if that happens? And finally see if the fans are gonna kick im guessing they are electric. Overheating its a tricky field but a easy one to figure out. And keep a eye on the gauge Good luck

My radiator started leaking until it overheated,around where the plastic and medal was I immediately turned it off and replaced it, topped it off with liquid but got hot again.