Please help!!!!! I have a 99 chevy tracker that won't start. Replaced the starter, battery is good and relay is good. Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do next

20

Asked by Aug 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM

36,175

Won't start as in turning over or as in firing up?

20

The starter clicks but the car won't start. The cables to the starter get extremely hot

70,275

Recheck your wiring to your starter may have crossed a wire,if cable is hot.

70,275

That or bad starter,if it click,s your relay, is good,

20

Already got another starter. It's good. I was thinking crossed wire but it's not.

70,275

If you here a click,and battery and relay are good,may want to make sure that starter is right ,may need shim,s if it is a new starter ,could be jamming on flywheel.

70,275

That would explain battery cable,s being hot.

70,275

Starter not inline with flywheel.

20

A dim toils fix that? I hope it's that simple. I'll let you know the outcome. I really appreciate your help. Thank you

20

A shim could fix that?

20

How do I skim the starter though?