1999 dodge grand caravan 3.3 has issues starting it was every none and then but it seems like its got worse if the van sits in 76 and above weather it wont start turn the key nothing all you hear is the asd and starter relay click then if you leave it alone for say overnight it starts right up like nothing was wrong ok i work at napa have changed the starter relay asd relay and ignition switch someone please help

Asked by Jul 26, 2014 at 05:11 AM

33,515

Nine times out of ten if you just hear a click, click, it's the starter going bad. The next time it clicks, jack it up, locate the starter and rap on it with a hammer while someone else turns the key to the start position. If it turns right over, then your starter is beginning to fail. Time to replace it.

wellni took the starter relay out took a paper clip jumped it and starter turns over

33,515

Sounds like it's your relay........