1965 vw bug won't shift stuck in gear.?

Asked by May 06, 2014 at 01:41 PM

1965 vw bug stuck in gear and won't shift. had trouble shifting and know it won't?

Does the shifter just act like it isn't hooked up? If so you most likely broke the little pancake connector back by the trans, it does happen.

yes it feels hooked up if anything it feels bound or ? I have looked under rear seat at connection looks o.k....

Then the next step is to disconnect the trans from the linkage and try to shift it at the trans, if it shifts then there is a problem in the shifter, if it won't shift then the problem is an internal trans problem.