Yesterday the Tensioner,Idler Pulley & belt were replaced on my Safari. Now the accelerator vibrates & check engine light on. Any ideas?

Asked by Mar 09, 2014 at 07:08 PM

264,625

CEL , you need to scan for the codes, accelerator shouldn't vibrate. Did you do the work or a local mechanic? Have them recheck their work, something must not have been reconnected (electrical plug) when the work was performed.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks Tom...the repair was done by Active Green & Ross, the only facility in the area....the pulley failed as soon as I turned into their entrance....the engine noise was replaced by the smell of the hot Serpentine belt. I called them today & they said my current problem is not related to the work they performed....I will see them tomorrow. Regards- Dennis dE