Yesterday the Tensioner,Idler Pulley & belt were replaced on my Safari. Now the accelerator vibrates & check engine light on. Any ideas?

Asked by Mar 09, 2014 at 07:08 PM

241,935

CEL , you need to scan for the codes, accelerator shouldn't vibrate. Did you do the work or a local mechanic? Have them recheck their work, something must not have been reconnected (electrical plug) when the work was performed.

Best Answer

Thanks Tom...the repair was done by Active Green & Ross, the only facility in the area....the pulley failed as soon as I turned into their entrance....the engine noise was replaced by the smell of the hot Serpentine belt. I called them today & they said my current problem is not related to the work they performed....I will see them tomorrow. Regards- Dennis dE