should the same type of tyres be fitted to two front wheel or two back wheels

Asked by Sep 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I know that fitting different tyres can be fitted to the front and rear wheels, but have been told that this should not occur for the off side and near side wheels.  Is this correct or not.  I am thinking of purchasing a second hand an believe that the tyres fitted to the front wheels differ.

All four should be the same size, unless it was manufactured with differing size tires on front and rear, which I seriously doubt. Do NOT put different size tires, especially diameter, on left and right under any circumstances