what is the best convertible car to own for the money

Asked by Jul 02, 2013 at 09:42 PM

Can't decide what the best convertible to buy with least amnt of mechanical problems.
Looking for  a reliable vehicle that will last

Here are the ones recommended by Consumer Reports: Mazda MX-5 Miata, Volkswagen Eos, Lexus IS 250C, Audi A5 2.0T If you looking for a 2 seater, I can personally vouch for the MX-5 as a excellent choice. It's been around for 20+ years, very reliable and a helluva lot of fun :)

Michael Kane

Im slightly biased but the MX-5 / Miata has to be one of best choices. My wife and I have onwed several over the years. Go drive one you will be hooked. Also miata.net is a great forum with tons of info Miata related.

Agreed @ Michael..I've had my 2011 MX-5 Miata with the Power Hardtop for a year now and have no regrets. @lookin4theone..you just might want to wait for the 2014 MX-5 model, since Mazda will likely be collaborating with Alfa Romeo on a redesign and it may end up getting an even cooler new look...maybe something like this:

Ferrari California- a bargain at $201,000- no comparisons at any price

Run with the Prancing Horse on a budget- 2014 Corvette

lookin4theone ..You never did say what your budget is for your "dream convertible"...also, do you want one that's a sports car or not?? The Vette and Ferrari are both great choices (IF you can afford the price tag AND the cost of maintenance for either of them). As nice and as fast as BOTH of these cars are...overall reliability will be an issue with them, in all honesty. I won't lie though...I'd LOVE to own a 2014 Stingray Vette (that car looks bad-ass!)