1997 Mitsubishi eclipse starts and stalls out. 2.4 liter

Asked by Jun 26, 2013 at 09:39 AM

1997 2.4l Mitsubishi  Spyder Eclipse.......starts and stalls out. Smells as if its flooded. I cleaned the mass air flow sensor, new plugs.What can it be?

Whenever I see something like you wrote, 'smells like it's flooding' do you smell gasoline when you are in the cabin? If so, please be so very careful about the risk of fire. Detecting the odor of gasoline, especially if strong and in the cabin is a dangerous situation. Sorry I can't help you with what the actual problem is, don't know much about Mitsubishi but if you have a fuel leak I recommend not driving it at all until repaired. There are some guys here that know Mitsubishi's very well, hopefully they will come along