Is it possible to remove the radiator lines that go to the rear of the vehicle and back and replace them with a short loop section of heater hose without causing damage to the car?

20

Asked by Jun 05, 2013 at 09:47 PM

There are two steel 5/8 inch lines that go from the radiator to above the spare tire at the
rear of the vehicle and back. These have rusted out the length of the vehicle and are
leaking coolant in the rear. Are these lines necessary or can I remove them. There doesn't
seem to be a coolant fan in that area so am curious if they are necessary.

20

This a 2004 KIA Sedona

28,845

you wont have heat in the rear if you block it off. but it wont hurt anything no.

20

Thank you so much, good to know. I live in Austin Tx so only cold a short period of time and seldom hard freezes, rare at best. You have done me qood turn, thank you