how many miles could a ford f150 v8 4.6 l could go up to

Asked by Jun 02, 2013 at 11:18 PM

27,625

I've been working on and with these engines since Ford came out with them. The answer to your question depends largely upon the type of use of the vehicle and if it's been maintained properly. I currently work on Crown Victoria Police Interceptors with the 4.6L and RARELY ever see an engine failure. It seems that they either seize before they get off of the transport truck (brand new) or run 200,000 miles with regular service. The 4.6L engines I work with are serviced religiously and run well over 150,000 mile in SEVERE service. The car wears out long before the engines do.

My 2008 F150 has 344,000 miles on it with the 4.6 V8 engine. It is service regularly and driven daily. The transmission is also original. It has been serviced every year with just a pan drop service, transmission filter, and partial fluid replacement. Have flushed cooling system every 4-5 years since new.