I am very much interested in getting the Mercedes GL 450. Any advice or opinions on this vehicle pro or con?

Asked by Apr 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I see it's a brand new vehicle. Search online for some reviews or road tests to help you make a decision. Oh, and make sure you have some cash.

This SUV will be more costly to purchase, repair and maintain compared to Japanese or American models..and reliability is a concern as well per Consumer Reports (see below for brief review from CR). Not sure what your financial situation is and how much you're able to set aside for a SUV of this caliber, but it's no doubt a very luxurious one to own. --- This seven-passenger luxury SUV has a great deal of interior space without huge exterior dimensions. The third-row seat is roomy enough for adults. The 4.6-liter V8 is smooth and delivers strong performance. Expect 15 mpg overall. Handling is relatively responsive, with good steering feel that belies the GL's size and weight. It proved secure and forgiving in our tests, the ride is comfortable, and the interior is very quiet. Fit and finish is excellent, but some controls are overly complicated. The GL can tackle most off-road situations, and towing capacity is impressive. A diesel engine that arrived in 2008 got 19 mpg overall in our tests. Reliability has been well-below average.