Why do you call something a "poor deal" when the price is below the instant market value?

Asked by Feb 11, 2013 at 05:35 PM

24,115

The "Poor Deals" that I've seen are usually associated with higher mileage and/or older cars with too high of a selling price ...or simply a Dealer who is blatantly price gouging (compared to other Dealers) regardless of the year or miles on the car.

24,115

Also, I'm thinking the car you're looking at would have to have considerably high mileage for the particular year you're looking at if it's rated Poor Deal and $$ is below the IMV...only thing that would seem to make sense, since Car Gurus doesn't factor in data from Car Fax, etc. Might be the trim level, maybe??

It's never a poor deal if you get exactly what you've been looking for!

the 'instant market value' is full of crap! My wife's car has 100,000 miles on it and sounds and drives like it's on the showroom floor. My mini is "instant valued" at 11,000. It has 33,000 miles on it, still owe 14,000. is this 'instant market' saying that I'm a FOOL now. Don't like it. Can't trust it. Go with what your heart tells you is right!