My 1986 300zx Dashboard blew out. I bought a ECU and that didn't fix the problem. It has been in service for 2 wks. now and the guy is taking it apart piece by piece and so far has not found the problem. I was having trouble with the security before that the car wouldn't start after locking the doors. I bought a new battery. Can you give me any heads up on this? I didn't bring it to a Nissan dealer.

Asked by Jul 07, 2012 at 11:11 AM

The dashboard lights blew out,  i bought a new battery. The only thing that works is the headlights but they don't flip up. Also the car starts for 5-10 seconds and dies. I need to direct this guy somewhere he's not a Nissan dealer. Someone said the security system may be the problem. I was having problems when I locked the car, it wouldn't start and the window wouldn't go back up. Can you please give me any feed back.

140

its has the control module for the dash on the 300 if i remember its located in the area of the stering column

Thank you very much. I will tell the mechanic in Waterbury CT. Can someone disconnect that. I am only asking, because I had a guy up the road look at the car and he was interested in buying it for parts. He reccommened the ECU for sure and then said I'm sorry after I purchased it for 250.00 on E-bay. But said he would love to have the car. I think he F-it up. on purpose. And I had it towed 2 weeks ago. to a real garage, there taking it apart piece by piece. I hope your right. I'll call the garage in the A. M. Thanks so much. The car is Mint, clean inside and out no rust on the car or under neith. And it's loaded with t-tops. Thank you, thank you.