My engine lights been on since I bought my 03 dodge ram 1500 slt and we've tried everything. My buds a mechanic and use the code machine to find out where the problem is, turns out its an evac problem

75

Asked by May 03, 2012 at 06:25 PM

The code said E-vac but big or small we dont know, Yes i bought a new gas cap because most of the time its just something stupid like that. Mechanics can seem to figure it out either or find it. any ideas?

1,995

There could be a hose cracked or disconnected that goes from, or to the fuel tank. Or a hose in the engine compartment. I had rusted tubes on top of the fuel tank, of a 2002 Trooper. Also had rusted out tubes on 1997 dodge on ton 4x4. Any thing that breaks the seal could do it.