Why want my 1988 Mercedes 560 SEL run after starting.

Asked by Jan 09, 2012 at 10:24 PM

The fuel pumps are new and are operating according to spec ( 1 lieter in 40 seconds).I am
getting fuel up to the fuel distributor on top of the engine.  The FPR is new also and seems
to be operating correctly.The engine will start via the cold/start valve for a brief moment. But
will not run. I desperately need some idea's I have been trying to solve this problem so long
that I believe I'm chasing my tail. I thank you for any help you can offer.

435

does it die as soon as you release the key?If so(not sure if mercedes has it or not)check the ballist resistor.

5,425

Could possibly be the air flow meter, if it's not giving the correct signal for air flow it will not fire up but only start on the cold start valve.