does alloy wheels affect the average of car?

5

Asked by Jul 16, 2011 at 09:34 AM

685

yes, alloy wheels will increase the value you your car just as steel wheels will decrease it.

1,065

if you meant mileage, it depends. on small cars with little engines, lighter is better. on big v-8's, it wont effect it so much

245

They have value, but If they are OEM, not custom, the value of the car doesn't change much. It is more of a selling feature than a value maker.

do you mean in terms of performance? yes but just a wee bit... alloy wheels are lighter so it may shed a tenths of a second or more in acceleration..but is also as durable as the stock wheels...

25

hey think if u have small car means less powered engine vehicle than u should not go with it if u modify ur engine to increase the power than i allow u

95

the question makes no sense. size of the rim/tire will affect your car performance more then the weight. and gas mileage is the same weight doesnt mean shit. its the size. smaller faster acceleration slower top end larger slower accelration higher top end. smaller rims better gas milage larger rims less gas mileage. as far as racing. yes you want lighter rims but thats racing i doubt you'll be racing since your asking an odd question.

this might be performance question. weight is a very vital aspect in racing... even if you have a powerful engine and a big ass car, a smaller compact car with fairly the same engine specs will let you eat dust... why do you think race cars have carbon fiber bodies and they have their dash and chairs removed? about the market value, yes it decreases the value of the car especially when it is still under warranty, changes mean its either void and/or the value decreases. the only thing that happens is the "stable" value and the "decrease" in value. when you sell your car, you dont usually mark up the price with "plus" the mods. insurance and car companies know the numbers on these so you have to ask them the totoal depreciating value of your car every year.

245

This is dumb, not one of us seem to know what you are trying to ask :P