im am 16, looking for an import (rx-7 , 240sx, etc,) to engine swap and put a 283ci chevy v6, limited budget, what car would you recomend?

5

Asked by Sep 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM

15

In my opinion the best way to go would be an FC chasis RX-7. you can pick up 7's with blown engines on the cheap and the v6 should fit, assuming you have custom motor and tranny mounts. The FC's (86-91) are well balanced and well desinged despite being older than a 240.

5

okayy thanks , i was looking at a 93 rx7 with no motor for like $600 but the floor had been cut out of it . i was already leaning towards the rx7 but just wanted some more opinions , thanks for all the help .

15

Yeah man, If you can get a 93-95 chasis go for it, I wish I had a car like that when I was 16. All the RX-7s were well built sports cars, so pick your favorite body style and work around that. I just love the FC, which is why I recomended it. But if you like the FD then look for that cause they are just as sick, and have a timeless body style. Honestly, the FD will never EVER look old.

5

cool , yeah i like the style of the FC but my cousin had (got totaled) a 93 FD with a corvette 6.0L and it was raised body raised to fit the motor, so he gave me alot of the inspiration to do it different .thanks for all the help , if i have any isues when i do get the car and everything il deffinently send you a msg. im planning on having the car and motor in my garage and being installed by spring break but there are probably gonna be some bumps in the way . i will send you some pictures of the completed project when i get everything sorted out , thanks again

15

Good luck with the build, I cant wait to see it finished. Props for being different and standing out from the crowd.

15

Oh and I just noticed that your from the Vancouver area, I'm just out in Chilliwack maybe when its finished we can meet somewhere so I can see it

5

ur in chilliwack?? i just moved out to chilliwack !

15

yeah I'm on the Sardis side. I live up Chilliwack Lake road. What are the odds that the guy I help on Car IQ is living in the same city as me?

5

i live by Prospera Center , thats so funny ,, that was pretty lucky!.