IM PUTTING A CHEVY 350 INTO A 61 SKYLARK HOW DO I FIND ENGINE MOUNTS FOR THE SWAP?

Asked by Apr 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM about the 1961 Buick Skylark

I HAVE A 61 BUICK SKYLARK THAT I AM TRYING TO SWAP OUT THE 215 V8 FOR AND 80'S CHEVY 350 AND IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO FOR MOUNTS

89,865

Put "chevy 350 engine mounts" in the eBay search and pick some that look like they will fit. You can find more using "350 engine mounts" but you get motorcycle and Ford auctions to sift through.

Yes when I got the car the engine had already been sold so I got a 350 to put some muscle in it I would love the find the original engine for it. Title says 61 Buick 2D. I'm not sure what to do except swap for this 350

89,865

You're right about the little 61 Skylark. A coworker at the A&P had one with either a turbo or supercharger. He had to put some kind of fluid that he got at the dealership in a reservoir.

I'm not for sure on going original I would like to however the resources needed to find an engine I think would be hard to find. I really don't care about the 350 going into it for hot rod style I just want to go through this car slowly and cover everything so it's very nice. Preferably not a lot of modification and or fabrication I would like easy install engine direct fit or close let me know what you think. I will have to look through all my parts to see what badges are there for it let me know how to send a few pics your way and it may help both of us out I appreciate all the help so far but I'm only just starting this project.

Easy coast ish michigan

Hardtop

I am currently working on a sbc conversion on my 62 skyward any help would be appreciated email me at jrobison929@outlook.com thank you

30

So did the 350 engine swap into the 1961 Buick Le sabre work? I am looking at doing the same thing. What trans? Looking at a 350 truck engine with 350 trans...

30

What did you need to find? Part #'s? problems? I have the original engine, just don't want to rebuild it, not going to be stock anyway will be daily driver. Will sell motor after the 350 is in and working. Car needs complete restoration, but it is a CA black plate desert car with 50K miles. No rust at all.