High performance brakes in normal cars

5

Asked by Jul 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Will adding carbon ceramic brakes to normal cars like a ford fusion be practical?

1,315

not at all, unless your planning to use the gas peddle and the brake at the same time 24/7 :). If you want to stop fast ill go with better tires. no brake in the world can stop a car if it has really bad tires :)

1,315

then you go for the pads and what not

165

Carbon ceramic is ridiculously priced and unless you're driving some exotic that can travel in excess of 200 mph highly unneeded. As stated tires are where it's at to start. You can't stop more than you have grip for. A carbon metallic brake pad and a high quality steel rotor is all you'll need for solid braking performance after a tire upgrade.

45

when useing ceramic last time i cheacked there only good for anything when your doing alot of slowing down for sharp corners sort of like f1 cars on road coarses other then that i dont think you should bother getting um driving to grandmas house has no need for ceramic brake pads

125

the other big problem with ceramics is that they are worse under normal use, they however are MUCH better once you start heating them up. this also is whey racing teams use them hot steel will warp whereas Ceramics wont warp. if your just driving in town slotted and Vented with proper pads and tires is all you will ever need (and even then slotted/vented can be over kill, depending on your car) as above if your looking to spend a lot of cash on your cars handling, get tires first. along with suspension components, those are just as critical as the brakes and tires.

75

when it comes to breaks and safety , money has no limit!

45

if your gunna go ans spend a couple hundred more for a ceramic set i think that not the safest for the type of stopping hes probly doing i dought you would want to hit your brakes and relize shit there not affective becouse there not heated up yet. for saftey yes i would go to no limit of pay but for safty and convenianse something tells me regular sports braks nothing ceramic but just sport brakes (cant come up with a brand off of my head right now besides brembo) will do the job.