what is really the better car the 2010 camaro or the 2010 mustang

25

Asked by Jul 19, 2009 at 07:15 AM

if you think about it the mustang only weighs 300 lbs less then the camaro and it has a 4.6 litre 315hp the camaro is a 6.0 litre with 426 hp and it has a 6 speed transmission the mustang is a 5 speed and the camaro does the quarter mile in 13.00et the mustang 13.40 et wich one is really better put the same size motor or at least make it 426 hp and slap a six speed in it and there now you are pushing at least the 12's so i  think the real car is the mustang what you think

25

Car and Driver said the Mustang was better.

6,665

no it didnt. it said the camaro won easily. the comparison was done between the ss camaro, gt mustang, and r/t challenger. and they finished in that order.

25

yeah but look at the stats the must could easlie beet the camaro i saw it to but my stance is give the mustang 50 hp more and it has the camaro .....right......?

6,665

50 more hp and they would be about equals. and 50 hp is going to cost a lot of money. plus the mustang still has that live axle.

25

No they didn't. It was 1st Mustang GT, 2nd Camaro SS, 3rd Callenger RT. Proof: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2010_chevy_camaro_ss_vs._2010_ford_mustang_gt_2009_dodge_challenger_r_t-comparison_tests

95

HP is nothing if you dont have the handling to back it up so in this case mustang being 300 lbs less should be a better car imo

10

well in different catagories the 'stang (handling,trunk space, etc.) but if your looking for a fresh car the Camaro

25

Apparently, the 2011 Mustang GT will have 400 hp so there you go...

5

you wont see the camaro in many drift competitions on the other hand throw a turbo charger at the new mustang and its the new 86 corolla if you know what i mean

6,665

youre right. i made a mistake. it was motortrend that said the camaro was better.

6,665

id be skeptical about that 4.6L making the 400 hp and keep its low price tag.

25

It's gonna be a 5.0 L. Proof:http://blog.caranddriver.com/2011-ford-mustang-gt-an-even-more-potent-track-pack-to-complement-the-400-hp-5-0-liter/

10

look we're talking 'bout the2 010 alright

25

So? I'm just saying that the 2011 will make all your wildest dreams come true because it's relevant since you people were talking about your wildest dreams and wishing they would come true.

10

oh

6,665

ah alright. price tag and weight will be interesting with that new engine

35

i like the way the camaro looks,and the power compared to the mustang

95

The topic was 2010 tho..... anyways 2011 doesnt matter is the point it is what is avaible now and that more power doesnt mean its a better car u have to take transmission for acceleration, Brakes for stopping, Weight to power ratio and just general body and performance things that most of you gear heads dont think about but really depends on the race Drift,Drag or cricuit will all show a diffrent result in whats the better car so its hard to really say which is better.

Stumbled across this. I tell Yas what, you sound like a bunch of assholes. Especially Kyle. I bet none of you even own a decent car.