Won't start after head gasket replacement 5.7 chevy

60

Asked by Sep 17, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Replaced head gaskets on 97 chevy 5.7 vortec
motor and all it wants to do now instead of start is
whine sound and backfire

60

Thank you Jim. Update. Redone the valves as they were too tight. It will turn over and try to start but won't.

60

Thank you Jim. Update I sprayed starter fluid into the throttle body and it started. So let me back up just a little bit. After the gaskets were done I went ahead and replaced the fuel pump and strainer it didn't change anything so I done the starter fluid. Then I pulled the fuel filter out and used my air hose and blew it out then put it back on. Also pulled the upper intake off and took the injectors off and pulled out the fuel pressure regulator it has a thin layer of plastic where the holes would be so I used a paper clip and put a hole in all 6 spots. Put everything back together and started the truck and it idles really low rpm and when under the hood with it running it sounds like there's an air leak. I pulled the breather off the throttle body and it has a ton of suction. Is it supposed to have that much? Any help is greatly appreciated.