Does the 1991 Hyundai Excel have a fule pump relay if so where is it located?

Asked by Feb 12, 2016 at 01:32 PM about the Hyundai Excel

I replaced the fuel pump and all filters car ran but now will not start. When the key is turned on the fuel pump does not come on. Tested as instructed by repair manual and pump runs. If I prime the throttle body it will start and quit as soon as it burns the primer fuel. So that suggest injectors are not working. Replaced fuel injectors an no dice still will not run. Going bauld by the second LOL. Can anyone help with suggestions of what to do next?

16,790

There is something I do not understand you say when you turn key to on position pump does not come on but when you tested it by the repair manual pump runs. First thing you should check is the connection to the pump again because you said it was running before changing fuel pump unplug pump connection and check prongs making sure none are bent.

Yes I did check the connection again. It quit running thats why I changed the fuel pump. so on.

16,790

Check power going to to pump connection with a test light. If no power check fuse box for fuel pump fuse for a blown fuse to check to see if there is a fuel pump shut off switch check owners manual if no manual Google year, make and model of vehicle will take you to sites showing manual. If there is power going to pump connection either a bad new pump or prong in connector going to pump.

Thank you I found the relay it seems to be working. Manual says ECM is bad if all the test are completed and checked ok. Just my luck LOL. Thank you for all the help. I had to buy a Hyundai Shop manual form dealer to get the info I needed. Keep up the good work. Once again thank you.