Horn doesn't chirp when locking doors with key fob.

Asked by Apr 29, 2013 at 01:30 PM about the Hyundai Elantra

When I hit lock twice like the owner's manual says I get no audio response.
My dealer says this is normal on some models I think not. What do you think?

19,055

most fobs can be programed either way. reprogram it if you think its worth the aggravation

these things can be changed with your settings---will pull up your instruction manual, but I think it's gonna be easier for you to get to it~

92,215

I think the dealer is right. The Elantra does not chirp the horn when locking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmB64KyOTHY

225

For car, I can set it to mute/unmute by pressing the lock and unlock buttons together. Although it doesn't chirp, it is more of an annoying honk.

19,055

some zap the horn, some have a chirp unit under hood on different cars

40

I have a 2012 Elantra, and it definitely honks when you press the fob a second time. The dealer is blowing smoke up your ass hoping you don't come in for warranty. Check Harsha's comment above about muting to see if there is an issue or if it's something simple.

95

On my daughter's 2012 Elantra Limited, an under-hood switched (circuit closed when hood is closed) can bend down (away from the hood) cause the circuit to remain open. The switch is located toward the right sideof the car near the radiator. Withthe hood open, try holding the switch closed and locking the car with the remote. If the car chirps you need to mend the switch bracket up a bit. I need to do it periodically on her car.

My horn doesn't chirp when it is below freezing. It works diring warmer months, but not in the cold?

10

Ok I have been driving myself crazy trying to fix it myself. Tried reprogramming,checked all sensors on doors and hood. All good. Checked alarm it was not working. I locked the car and tried to open each door from outside. My back door was not locking. Played with the latch locked it by hand. Used fob to lock all of the doors and it flashed and beeped. Alarm is working again. So can't use back door right now until I figure out how to fix latch. Wd40. I am so happy I don't have to go to the dealer. Feeling really smart right now lol

20

I have a 2013 Elantra Limited and everything works except for when I go to lock the doors using the remote. When I open the doors with the remote, the lights flash and it chirps, but when locking the doors, it doesn't chirp or flash the lights like it use to a week ago, but the doors still lock. WTF? I checked all of the sensors and tried muting/ unmuting with the remote and still nothing... it's driving me nuts!

5

Hey Titanium, the same happened to me except I have a 3 year old Accent. Changed the remote and will check to see what happens.

I have the same issue as titanium....it locks but doesnt chirp...anyone found a solution? Really dont wanna take it to the dealership.