DASH LIGHT THAT SHOWS CAR WITH A LOCK ON IT

190

Asked by Dec 31, 2014 at 05:25 PM about the Chevrolet HHR

THIS LIGHT SHOWED UP AFTER SERVICE TO PROG A REMOTE ENTRY

190

ALSO THE CAR WONT START

72,405

The car is not recognizing the remote control key fob. It wasn't programmed correctly. The car "thinks" that you're trying to steal it so the security system has shut it down. Try just using the key to unlock and start it. As long as you're using the same key, once you unlock the door with that key it should start. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
50

Try didn't work

40

did you ever get it to work? My car is doing the same thing :(

210

I am currently having this issue. Mine seems to do it at random times while driving. i would be driving and the light would come on for a breif 1-2 seconds and go away. But also, it seems like the gauges (gas and oil) go down as if the car is shut off, then goes back up. Any one know why it would be doing this?

120

Jchavez961. My Chevy cobalt is doing the exact same thing. I've recently had a lot of brake work done but I'm not sure what's happening. Let me know if you find out the issue. Thanks!

210

TPerkins, still haven't figured out the issue. I had a couple brake work done too. New rotors and brakes. Still lighting up at random times for a quick second. Not sure why.

120

Jchavez961. I had the codes read : U0073 U0140 P0575 P0719 I am bringing the car in on Monday. Stay tuned

210

Okay will do! Thanks

210

TPerkins, did you figure out what was wrong?

120

I picked it up last night. I'm going to copy what the sheet says: After operating vehicle for a few minutes GMLAN bus does offline. Measured 620HMS across terminals 6 and 14 of DTC. Manipulated wiring harness and found resistance fluctuation. Isolated poor circuits at C101. Replaced terminals and wiring for circuits 2501 and 2500. Cleared DTCS no further faults

120

I hope that helps. The parts cost less than $20 according to my receipt. It reads: Installed 15326269 term end Installed CONN connector

90

I have a 04 chevy malibu and my battery may be dying and my symbol the car with the tool is coming on but going off and also the symbol the car with the lock is constantly on. I want to know are these symbols coming on because my battery is going out? Ive taken it to a mechanic who said it is time for me to get a new battery.

this is mike . i had the same problem with my remote . went to my truck and used the key to lock and unlock the drivers door , got in the truck and it fired right up . thank you

Mine did the same thing just a lil bit ago I must admit I thought it was orbit telling me were gonna shut you off so get home ... but then the electrical went all crazy ... I went out side and the power steering was on and the power steering didnt work.. but now the lights are off and the power steering is working so weird

Unhook your battery and clip positive and negative together for 10 minutes. It's like rebooting a computer

TC with a line across it came on

Same problem here car with lock symbol going around it,looked it up,read a comment to lock door and unlock it with key from outside,started right up thanks

30

I have a 2010 Buick lacrosse keyless start up. And the car with the lock on it came up. And my car won't start now. When I try to start it up, it sounds as if the battery is dead but the radio and lights still comes on. Need help asap!

Have a 2009 HHR chevy when i look the door with remote the security with lock symbol come on then flashes the red light on dash don't come on need help lee

I've got a 2010 Traverse and it started intermittently flashing the security lock light, sometimes it would stay on. I pulled over and shut it down, but then encountered a no start situation. I repeatedly attempted to restart it, and after about 6 attempts it started. I read about interference from other RFID sources, and realized I have a building key fob on my key ring. I removed the source of the interference and my problem was solved. I was doubtful it was going to be the solution as i had the same key fob on for years prior, but realized i had inadvertently rearranged my keys on the key ring when i removed work keys recently to drop off the car at the tire shop and the "issue" presented a few days later.

2015 Tahao hisitated to start and the dash has a lock and a car lit up on the dash