Dodge Stratus overheating

Asked by May 29, 2018 at 05:07 AM about the Dodge Stratus

I recently purchased a 2004 Dodge Stratus V6 2.7 ok I
had a overheating problem since I bought it.  I have
replaced the fuel pump, spark plugs, wires ,water pump
thermostat (twice), radiator,timing chains , battery  had
pressure check done but car still runs hot mechanic has
run out of options wants to take off thermostat and me to
drive withouT it.  Running out of options

16,135

let me guess , you bought it from the mechanic that's doing the work , and this guy replaces the fuel pump to take care of the over heating ?

No the mechanic doing the work didn't sell it to me. But he is ran out of options on what he thinks it can be. I get alotnof bubbling in reservoir he has purged the system he has bleed the lines. Changed radiator cap but car still running hot. Another Mechanic did the fuel pump I just listed it to let u know what all I've done since I got it in January

16,135

seems the only thing they know how to do is take this girls money , a compression test should have been done , what does the exhaust look like ?, look on the bottom of the oil fill cap what do you see ?

I don't know if a compression test had been done. I do know I took it to a reputable shop to make do pressure test they told me I needed a water pump n battery and the water pump would include my timing I let the mechanic my husband do repair the car still ran hot so he told me to take it back to shop to get pressure check that's when they told me that time that it was the radiator I paid them for the diagnostic n asked the mechanic to replace radiator it still ran hot he checked the thermostat which he replaced earlier it was bad he replaced it the car still ran hot but where when we started I couldn't go right up the street before it ran hot I can drive a longer distance before it gets hot he removed the thermostat again it was bad but he has left it off I don't drive the car unless necessary just thought someone might have some ideas short of selling it

16,135

Do the fans come on when it gets hot ? I didn't mention the obvious because you've had a mechanic look at it , running without thermostat won't help anything , I think the head gaskets blown , but what do I know