2000 dodge stratus will not start

Asked by Feb 13, 2014 at 12:18 AM about the Dodge Stratus

My 2000 dodge stratus was running and starting just fine until we recently had a cold snap with temp down to minus 5 for about 4 days. It would crank when I put a battery charger on it, but not start, I thought it might be a frozen gas line so I added some heet to the gas tank and still no luck. Now that the temp is back above 40 degrees it still turns over but will not start, any ideas??????

the moisture is embedded in the wireing, a few dry days will cure but that's to far away so either glow a charcoal grill under it awhile or push in garage for overnight , first try some start fluid in air cleaner ,3 second blast, then crank with air filter in place or not.!

The temp here has been in the mid to high 40's for the last 6 days, I pulled the plugs and cleaned them and put them back in and remove the excess gas on them and reset the gap and replaced them. when I turned car over the engine tried to start but wouldn't start. It sounded like it wanted to but just wouldn't. One of my mechanic friends said to put a few shots of oil in the cylinders to help reseat the rings to build up more compression, he said he's seen that happen sometimes during cold snaps, haven't tried that yet, any other suggestions???

Having the same problem .happened in the summer still have not figure out the problem have spark (new plugs) air and fuel. It stop running after installing a new battery.please post what you find.

I will post what I find when I finish trying the things I've been advised to try, probably tomorrow..stay tuned.

Buying an adhesive oil pan heater works fairly well for my car. They typically cost around 30-40$, but are worth it. They are also very easy to install. Just clean the bottom of the oil pan with brake cleaner and a rag and stick the pad to the bottom. Lastly, just feed to cord from the pad up through the bottom of engine so that it is not touching anything hot and won't be cut by any fans. Then plug it in and use. They usually last about 3-4 years depending on average weather conditions.