Dodge Spirit Tachometer Odometer Fuse Issue

Asked by Jul 27, 2012 at 07:36 PM about the Dodge Spirit

I have a 90 Spirit I got from my grandma with approx. 50,000 always garaged and in immaculate condition.  The problem is the fuse in cavity #2 was blown which corresponds to the radio, interior/truck/hood/glove lights, etc...  Also, the tach doesn't work at all.  When I insert a new fuse it blows instantly.  I have disconnected the radio and most light bulbs.  The speedometer and all other gauges function accurately.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thinking the tachometer or tach madule is bad causing the fuse pop.

200

most of the times when a fuse continually burns out there is a bad hot wire that has grounded itself to frame or a ground wire

After purchasing an original chrysler service manual I was able to track down everything on that fuse. After disconnecting the in dash message center the fuse stopped popping. Now everything that didn't work works (except the odometer but thats a seperate issue.) Going to try to repair what I have or look for a salvage message center unit.