truck will not start back

1,100

Asked by Aug 23, 2013 at 09:14 AM about the Dodge Ram 1500

Truck was running fine and just stopped running. Tried New ignition coil. Tried rotor and
distributor cap. Please help.

get a NEW battery as these new tin/antimony alloy ones only last for five years before they stop accepting a charge...take a coarse wirebrush and clean the end of the 1/0 cable as it attaches to ground...clean the big lug...clean the chassis or fender or wherever the thing bolts to for an assured 300 cold-cranking amps delivery~ this will enable the chassis ground which may be marginal~

okay, we must check voltage to the coil packs~...if not the ignition switch or relay~

see if the little springy button in the middle of the distributor cap is still there~

ummm, when you turn the key to the "on" position, do you hear the fuel pump circulating fuel through the fuel rail?

1,100

Yes I hear the fuel pump. Distributor is New as well as the rotor.

1,100

Should this truck have an emergency fuel shut off

1,100

Not getting fuel. Fuel pump is fairly new.

okay....the fuel pressure regulator ain't lettin' fuel through~ when vacuum is applied the regulator "regulates" allowing fuel through...your ain't doin' this....look at the vacuum tube to it....both ends...if you need to replace the vacuum hose use trouble-free silicone lines~

the emergency shutoff on the dodge is near the tank...but you would have NOTHING no action...but the motor turns (gasoline fuel pump) so the shutoff is ready to blow right now and NOT tripped....trippin'~?

always recommend silicone vacuum lines...all the police cars use them and so do BMW's~

1,100

Fuel is intermittent. Does fuel pump have a sensor on it.

1,100

Where is fuel pressure regulator located.

....well follow the fuel line from the tank...there probably mounted in an aluminum block near or on the intake manifold will have a fuel connection and a vacuum connection~ will look for a cartoon here~

a cartoon~

...see, I was wrong, NOT near the intake...like GM, volvo, toyota, nissan and others are....my bad~

50

could be the fuse under the Hood its the 50 amp fuse its happened to me

70

check pick up coil located at flywheel

80

What fuse was you talking about

100

my truck is having this problem right now it started this morning but as soon as I put it in gear it died

110

2006 Ram 1500. Fired right up and then shut off and now nothing. ABS light is slightly flickering and the red security light is steady on. No dome lights no radio no crank no nothing. disconnected battery for a few minutes still no luck. battery does have charge. Anybody have a clue?

1,100

Motor turns over but will not fire.

100

Push the cancel button on the cruise control

70

There is an ac intake control valve on the back of the throttle body it has two t 20 screws take it out clean it with throttle body cleaner make sure to take o ring off first so it doesn't swell from cleaner put back in. My husband had this problem this weekend we replaced 5 parts but all it was was too much carbon on ac intake valve

20

My 2005 just quit running as I was doing a left hand turn it started back up for a second then shut off would not start back up. Called a tow truck took it to shop next morning they called me and said the crank shaft sensor went bad. Replaced cost 94 bucks truck runs great. 5.7 Hemi

I'm having an issue no spark no fuel pump with no bus light flashing every power wire shows power that alt went out replaced that it was pushing 18v it drove fine then just quit while driving no gauges work but dash lights up like proper

10

my dodge ram 1500 hemi will start and shut of right after. was told it had no skim module is there another way we can get it started? do we order a new skim module or can it go without one. the shop that looked at it is asking 2,500 to fix it. is that right

10

Check fuel rail make sure u have pressure mine just did that it was fuel pump

10

Hey 5049064463 mine just this today it just die on me wile I was driving knw it turn but won't stay on..

10

it's the torque converter control solenoid shorting out. Unplug it and it should start right up. it's setting off the emergency shutoff relay

10

Check your fuel pump relay that was was wrong with mine .

10

I was driving down the road and my 2004 Dodge was losing power going up hill so I pulled off and put it in reverse it was fine then I put it in drive and it went forward no power though. I shut it off now it won’t start. Any suggestions

15

DJ Bones, where is the torque converter control selenoid located? I can't find it in any of the manuals or online forums