Trying to diagnose from across state with no money for parts or tools

295

Asked by Jul 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM about the Dodge Neon

I can't put my finger on it. The CEL is on and only showing one code: EGR Valve. I removed the control solenoid for it a while back, so that is why that code is still showing. I had all 4 plugs fouling on me so bad, I had to hold the throttle down almost 1/2 way just to keep it at an idle. I changed out the plugs and now I only have to hold the throttle down 1/8th down to keep it idling. It did improve, but it's still running rough. If I give it full throttle, then it tries to die on me no matter what I do to it. I've also changed the valve cover gasket and spark plug tube grommets with no improvement as well. I checked my fuel tank, thinking someone put something in it b/c I'm going through a nasty divorce, and it was completely clean. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

295

SOLUTION: BAD ECU