cranks, runs, but won't start w/o shot o'gas in carb

Asked by Feb 26, 2010 at 02:35 PM about the Chevrolet Celebrity

85

#1 is your fuel pump running? can you here it when you turn the key on,should run for a few seconds.i just went through the same problem with mine a few months back and i ended up spending almost $200.00 in it but it's running great..turned out to be the pickup coil in the distributor.now let me tell you it is a hell of a job with out a hoist as it is at the back of the engine..i got it done but i pulled it right out to work on it..good luck..

10

I got a 1986 celebrity 4 door just went out to start it and read for about 10 seconds and then died try cracking again it just cranks will not start what do I have to check the light on the dashboard when I started says choke I don't remember seeing that before