whats the best street setup for my civic?

85

Asked by Mar 08, 2009 at 09:22 AM about the Honda Civic

whats the best street setup for my civic? for an affordable price of course...anyone familiar with japanese cheaper after-market parts?

85

what do you mean by set up? do you mean in terms of engine mods or wheel setup?

85

both...i mean, i like the simple look on my car but when it comes to performance, its just so-so...i would really love a little more horsepower and handling...

85

well by the looks of things your car seems pretty well modified already. at this point the only way you could get more power would be by either getting a different engine like a b18 or a k20, or building your current one. as for exterior work i'd say get some new wheels and maybe a lip kit.

85

im planning to purchase a new set of low profile 15-inch rims and touring tires next month...just bough new shocks...isn't the b-18 kinda expensive?

85

yeah a new engine would cost a lot. well i looked at your list of mods and you could use an aftermarket header

25

My input for a fun car, with your current format, is to either keep N/A spec by going ls/vtec route or just install a jackson supercharger. Both options i've listed are cheaper than engine swaps and is a plus for reliable+fun factor. As for suspension, coilovers are the way to go and pair them up with some nice sway bars. Even though this setup won't give you monster +250 horsepower, it will surely be a fun and reliable car. Possibly be keeping up with the wrx and rsx-s. This setup could be sourced for less than $2000, so use your money wisely and research is the key!Anyhow, good luck with the build.

85

right...for a fun car,i really need a bit more...but less than 250bhp...my engine's single-overhead so turbo isnt applicable...just bought a K&N filtercharger, high-tension wires, and sway bars for a start...now im saving up for the next upgrade...thanks for the tip..

25

Oops, from the pictures that were posted, i assumed that you had an B18B. Well i think any further upgrade to your sohc engine would be a waste of money(if it's not ex model), unless your goal is to get more mpg and sound effect. Anyhow, i think the cheapest route for a civic, when you don't want to blow a lot of money, is a b16(civic si) swap. If you feel like that's not enough, just replace the cams with some type R's, if that's still not enough just go for the b16+ supercharger. Though i've heard many success with a d16 turbocharge(ex models). Moreover, going fast in a straight line is boring and risk of getting a ticket.....

365

what motor is already in there? d-series? turbocharging a d-series is very possible and not as expensive as you think. if you don't already have a z6 or y8 head then i would suggest that be your first step, this would give you some compression and you'd have vtec. you can turbo a d16y8 or z6 wtih a 35 or smaller trim turbo (for better spool) for 200whp without having to mess with the internals assuming you have a great tune.