How reliable are the v 6 motors in the Saturn vue

10

Asked by Aug 22, 2015 at 03:25 PM about the Saturn VUE

A little more is necessary for this meaning I
beat on my cars drive fast corner hard I kno
it's not a sporty vehicle but...  it's for the
family how well does the motor n steering
components hold up thank u lucky

You don't say what year so let's just go with 2008. Seems to be no major problems... far more transmission complaints than engine. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Saturn/Vue/2008/

But admittingly driving hard... your car will treat you back the same way you treat it. Not a judgement, lecture, just an observation.. no offense intended

60,965

Aaron, just grow up. You shouldn't beat on a family car.

Best Answer Mark helpful
1,180

The Saturn Vue is not designed to take fast corner. The center of gravity is high and subject to roll over. In conclusion, if you intend to do this kind of driving, you should be more concerned about the safety of others than your engine.

10

So helpful Bob u must think ur hot stuff or your really old it's not bout the style of car wasn't my question but thanks dick

From me: Grow up Aaron. If possible. You mentioned it first. Respect your elders before somebody 40 years older than you takes you down a notch and teaches you some in facts of life. Now, put you tail between your legs, go home and don't come play with the big boys. Obviously you can't handle it.

60,965

Aaron, well said.... You are the one that's hot stuff or at lease you think you are. Want to make a Saturn Vue a racer, be my guest. Next time you ask a question leave out the stupid stuff. Also let's leave the name calling for face to face.

Ditto. Name calling is so juvenile, this 61 year old man here I guarantee can have you calling for mama inside of 10 seconds.

10

K tough guy enjoy ur day

60,965

Best of luck Aaron. Take care of that young family up there in Wisconsin, one of my favorite states.

60,965

@FordNut, Take a chill pill, you are getting your blood pressure elevated again.

855

I own a 2008 Saturn Vue XR. The engine has treated me pretty well so far, it is a powerful engine, the AWD vehicle goes from 0-60 in 7.5 sec. which is pretty good for a 4,300 lb. SUV. Granted, I probably only give it hell once a month on Avg. As far as cornering, again, this vehicle is heavy and has a high CG like another responder has said, so their is quite a bit of vehicle sway. Far more than what my Dad's brand new CRV has. So, it is not a vehicle for taking hard corners. If you are looking for the SUV type space, but still something you would like to whip around corners pretty good, you probably want to get an Outback, because the lower CG, yet it still has great ground clearance and the SUV room. Also you have many engine choices and manual transmission choices. That would be my recommendation for you. Good luck finding one though!

Right you are Bob. I used to be a lot more laid-back...really. Need to get back to old self and not allow these kids to get to me. Not worth it

60,965

FordNut, many years ago we were the same, we just somehow survived it all.

10

Plan to Bob thanks